Version 1.0.261 - REV 38952 / 23.11.2015 - START OF CLOSED BETA
Rework the Gear Progression and Power Curve Edit
- The differences between different Tiers of gear has been reduced, so that the outcome of fights become more skill-focused than being extremely gear-reliant.
- Where we had about a 25% increase in power from one Tier to the next in Summer Alpha, we have tuned this down to a mere 10% increase.
Skill based Combat and Balancing Edit
Our Combat System, along with all spells and abilities, has been overhauled entirely.
- Each weapon now comes with a distinct characteristic in playstyle.
- We have introduced Light (more Pew!) and Heavy (less ouchie) variations of the existing armor types.
- In line with our You Are What You Wear approach, this allows further character-specialization.
- To make combat even more interactive, we have increased the number of skillshots (i.e. spells you have to target yourself) available in the game.
- In combat you will actually have to move more and aim better.
(Local) GvG & Siege Camps Edit
We made two significant changes to Local GvG to increase the logistics required and introduced Siege Camps as a way to give more guilds access to GvG:
- The people fighting have to be in the either of the clusters being involved.
- You can not stand in a green zone and be teleported to the fight any longer.
- The gear you are bringing to the fight has to be stored in the Battle Vault of the two territories involved.
- Siege Camps are a tool for Guilds to conquer other territories without owning one yourself.
Open World PvP: Chests Edit
- To encourage Open World PvP, we have introduced Treasure Chests from which you can get rare resources for crafting.
- Treasure Chests, which will hold some components needed for Enchanted Gear, will become lootable every x days / hours
- This will be shown on the world map.
- 30 minutes after they spawn, they become lootable.
- Looting them is a 3-minute channeled cast that will be interrupted by any damage you take.
- The more dangerous the zone the chest is placed in, the more valuable its contents.
- The most valuable Chests are inside of Castles.
Open World PvP: Shrines Edit
- Shrines are crafting stations in the open world.
- High level items can only be crafted in Shrines.
- You need a "basic" (level 1-3) item to craft a higher enchanted item.
- Shrines can be found for different tiers and paths (Warrior, Hunter, Mage).
Economy Changes Edit
We have reworked the use of silver in-game, as well as made some other changes to the economy in general:
- The Crafting Tax paid in silver has been removed.
- To keep crafting in the Red and Black Zones viable, we have introduced a resource rebate for crafts performed there – you will need 20% fewer resources to craft an item in Red, and 25% fewer in Black.
- Most buildings of most tiers can now be built anywhere – including your Player Islands.
Silver in the Closed Beta will be mainly used for:
- Purchases in the marketplace
- Land auctions
- Transmutations and Reforging
- Acquisition and upgrade of Private Islands
- Usage fees set by players for crafting stations
Land Auction System Edit
We wanted to bring the feeling of Player versus Player in the economy of the game – as well as making sure that the real estate situation is more fluid.
- City plots come up for auction every four weeks now.
- There will be an auction period of one week, utilizing a maximum bid system, i.e. you enter how much you want to bid as maximum.
- Only the current owner is able to bid in the last day of the auction.
- The current owner’s bids count double, so they have an advantage and a better chance to keep their plot.
- Should the ownership of the plot change, the previous owner will get 50% of the winning bid.
- An additional 25% will go over the next 28 days to the guild owning the city.
Consumable Rework and Farming Edit
- Foods have been overhauled and now give long-lasting buffs.
- Available buff types are:
- Increased out-of-combat health regeneration
- Increased crafting speed and quality
- Increased maximum carrying load and gathering speed
- Reduced cooldown periods and casting times
- Increased combat damage
- Increased maximum health
- There are now 8 different crops to grow and 6 different animals to breed
- Potions have also been reworked in a similar manner. Available effects are:
- Heal over time
- Energy over time
- Revive incapacitated ally
- Increase defense
- Slowing field at your feed
- Increased regeneration of spell use
- Remove negative effects
- The 7 required herbs can be grown in the all-new Herb Garden.
- Crafting buildings now have a favorite food – if you fill them up with that, they gain bonus nutrition.
Crafting efficiency bonuses Edit
- Depending on where you are crafting you will experience a rebate on resources.
- The more dangerous the area, the higher the rebate.
Crafting Endurance becomes Crafting Focus Edit
- In the Summer Alpha test, when you run out of Crafting Endurance, you were not able to craft at all.
- We removed this system and replaced it with Crafting Focus.
- You can now always craft no matter what.
- However you can decide to craft with focus, which consumes your Crafting Focus.
- If you do so you get some resources back.
- The Crafting Focus replenishes over time, even when you are not logged in.
- This way you can still craft if need be, but you have a certain amount of items you can craft relatively cheaply.
- This way we guarantee that it is still highly beneficial for a Guild to have several crafters, even for the same items.
Learning Points Rework Edit
The Learning Points in the Summer Alpha would end up as a road block. Thus, the system has changed to make them into something beneficial, rather than a requirement:
- You can use Learning Points to clear partially cleared nodes – i.e. if you have 25% of the required fame, you can spend an amount of learning points to unlock this node.
- To counter-balance this, the fame requirements for the Destiny Board have been increased.
- Learning Points help you level up faster – and you can choose where to spend them and accelerate your progress.
- You regenerate 20 Learning Points every day while your character has Premium Status.
Private Island Improvements Edit
- We have expanded upon our popular Private Island feature.
- Player Islands and Guild Islands are now upgradable five times.
- Each upgrade unlocks additional building plots.
- Practically all buildings can now be built on Private Islands.
Guild Markets Edit
- Guild Territories and Guild Islands now have a dedicated local market place, so intra-guild trade can take place
- You now have the ability to hire NPC Laborers in your Player House or Guild Hall.
- There is a Laborer type for every gathering and crafting profession available.
- They give you journals associated with their profession that get filled as you yourself engage in that activity.
- Hand them a filled journal and they then go and get you additional resources – a bonus of about 30% on your initial work investment.
Player Inspect Edit
- You can click on a player avatar and select inspect to see what they are wearing.
- This does not work in PvP areas!
- The game is now localized into the following languages:
- Brazilian Portuguese
General Improvements =Edit
- 1vs1 Duels are now a part of Albion. You can even put a wager on the outcome of your duel!
- There have been several tweaks in terms of performance – one of the most notable ones is that the amount of polygons needed to display certain objects in the game has been reduced by up to 20%.
- We have added a second continent to our worldmap to prepare for the influx of new players.
- Mount Speeds have been adjusted. Especially the special mounts (e.g. Direwolf) are now faster.
- Destiny Board has had a significant layout and bonus overhaul.
- You can now have up to three characters on your account.
- New, more awesome character select screen.
- Farming output doubled in farming territories.
- Some regions now have strategic resource areas, where you can find huge quantities of specific resources.
- Item quality can now be re-rolled at the Repair Shop, allowing you another chance at a high-quality item (for a fee!).
- Hide mobs of T4 and above (boar, bear etc) now show if they have rare hides.
- Items now all have an item power which influences many of their stats.
- Item power of high-tier items is reduced in green zones.
- Auto-dismount when trying to craft/refine while mounted.
- Basically everything in the game has been rebalanced in some way!
Known Issues Edit
- Founder's mounts have too high load values.
- Various numbers are wrong in the Destiny Board.
- Some farming nodes in the Destiny Board are missing icons.
- T3 Quarterstaff missing proper name.